Feature request #10170
Calculations should use the project's CRS, not the layer's
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature request. I searched for this issue without success. This might even be controversial.
I just spent too long wondering why Regular Points and Vector Grid gave me useless results. What happened is that they used WGS84 (and thus degrees for the units) while my project used an UTM zone (meters). I expected them to use meters as units, as that's what the project uses.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a layer in WGS84.
2. Set the Project CRS to something metric.
3. Use Regular Points or Vector Grid and use the unit fields as metric fields.
4. See the points or lines placed using WGS84's units.
I guess this would also affect other calculations.
As a user I would expect all unit-related functionality to be using the project's CRS, regardless of the CRS of the affected layer(s).
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
- Target version set to Future Release - Nice to have
- Platform deleted (
- Platform version deleted (
well... by design now calculations are done using layer CRS, so I guess this would be a feature request.
Also available in: Atom