Bug report #12622
In virtual fields $area function computes always values using "None/planimetric" ellipsoid
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Platform:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
|Platform version:||Affected version:||master|
|Status info:||Causes crash or corruption:||No|
in QGIS master area calculations seems to be (finally) sorted out/fixed. Anyway it seems that when computing $area in Virtual Fields then the None/planimetric" option for the ellipsoid regardless what the one is configured in the project properties.
After doing some reading, i think i will file this problem as an issue:
I have a new shapefile layer in CRS 3857, in a project that has the same CRS. Under project properties, the measure tool is on ellipsoid WGS 84.
When i use the normal field calculator to create a new field for the layer and use the function "$area", the fields get filled with the correct values.
Now when i use the field calculator to add a virtual field with the function "$area", the values in the field represent the area value of the features calculated without ellipsoid (None/Planimetric).
I suppose it's similar or related to issue #12057
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
I "cannot" confirm, in the sense that here (qgis master) the area values computed with OTFR are completely bogus as per #12057
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.8.1 to Version 2.8.2
Updated by Jürgen Fischer almost 2 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.8.2 to Future Release - High Priority
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Virtual field $area function not using same Ellipsoid setting as normal field Calculator to In virtual fields $area function computes always values using "None/planimetric" ellipsoid
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
- Target version deleted (
Future Release - High Priority)
- Affected version changed from 2.8.1 to master
Also available in: Atom