Bug report #14190
shapefile vector writer: datetime field saved as date resulting in data loss of time
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - High Priority|
|Platform:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
|Platform version:||Affected version:||master|
|Status info:||Causes crash or corruption:||No|
QGIS' vector writer does not handle datetime field correctly when saving a shapefile. The field gets transformed into a date field, and the time data is loss.Steps to reproduce
- Create a new project, add the attached test.gpx vector layer (pick the track_point layer)
- Open the layer properties window, notice the time field is a "datetime".
- Right-click on the layer, and select "save as..."
- Select the "ESRI Shapefile" format, and save the layer (make sure [x] add saved file to map is checked, it'll make the next step easier)
- Open the layer properties window of the saved shapefile layer which was added to the project
- Go in the Fields panel, and notice the time field is now of type "date" (you can then open the attribute window and confirm that the time information has been lost)
Since ESRI Shapefile does not support a DateTime field type, it should be transformed to a string to preserve data, not a date.
Also available in: Atom