Bug report #14235
Merge selected features tool corrupts data when columns are defined as "hidden"
|Assigned to:||Nyall Dawson||% Done:||
|Platform:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
|Platform version:||Affected version:||master|
|Status info:||Causes crash or corruption:||Yes|
This bug concerns the "Merge selected features" tool from the "Advanced Digitizing Toolbar". A sample project is enclosed with the report to reproduce.Steps :
- Open the enclosed project
- Zoom to the "BATIMENT" layer, there are 2 features overlapping
- Turn on editing on this layer
- Select the two features
- Select the "Merge selected features" tool from the "Advanced Digitizing Toolbar"
- Keep the default settings in the merge dialog
- Validate to launch the merge
The features are deleted, no new features created
- Open the "BATIMENTS" layer properties, go to the "Fields" section
- For the "ImportId" field, set the editor widget to "Text editor", instead of "Hidden"
- Validate and close the properties
- Merge again the 2 features with the defaults settings
The merge is now working
The problem seems to come from this hidden "ImportId" field, because if you make the test with the "OGC_FID" field, the merge works in all cases.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Merge selected features tool deletes features in certain case to Merge selected features tool corrupts data when columns are defined as "hidden"
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Platform deleted (
- Platform version deleted (
- Causes crash or corruption changed from No to Yes
Does not seems to happen just in special cases... any time you have an hidden column that is not the PK this operation will lead to this data corruption...
Also available in: Atom