Feature request #1514
Request: Default web browser action "openurl"
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
The most common function for a layer action is to open a particular web site in a browser. However, the present solution is to use a specific command (e.g., iexplore, firefox, konqueror) to open a web browser, which is not cross-platform compatible and does not adhere to the default web browser as chosen by the user or computer administrator. This makes actions hard to implement among several users with different computer setups that share a common QGS file.I've done some quick research, and new since Qt 4.2 is a function "openUrl()" to do this trick. See:
- http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2006-09/thread00676-0.html - discussion
- http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qdesktopservices.html#openUrl - documentation
I'd like to propose a cross-platform compatible action command named "openurl" to simply open a URL in the default web browser.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Assigned to deleted (
- Resolution set to fixed
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
there is a set of preset actions now, among the other "Search on web based on attribute's value", I think it's what was asked.
Also available in: Atom