Feature request #3288
Enable stacked layers selection for "Simplify Feature"
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
The "Simplify Feature" tool from the "Advanced Digitizing" toolbar can't be used on a geometry if this one is completely under another geometry. Even with a snapping tolerance added, if you click on one of its vertex or segments the entity which will be selected will be the top one.
A workaround is to do a live query on the layer to filter out the top geometry to get access to the one you want but this become tedious when you’ve to repeat this operation twenty times.
A solution similar to the identify tool could be used here :
1. click on a polygon
2. qgis lists all the geometries under your mouse for the selected layer
3. choose the right item and apply the simplification
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Assigned to deleted (
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Hello, bug triage...
could we just make the simplify tool works only on selected features ? User could select what he wants with the select tool or with an expression and then, the Simplify tool will only work to the selected features (same behaviour than the "Add Part" tool)... I think that it will be more simple than creating a new dialog box to list all the geometries listed under the mouse.
Also available in: Atom