Feature request #3469
gdaltools: virtual catalog fails with many files
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||7||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
gdaltools fial to create a virtual catalog if there are mmany rasters.
Infact gdaltool call the "gdalbuildvrt" passing each for each every raster.
This method seem to fill the command line buffer because on windows it return a strange error.
Instead gdalbuildvrt.ee allow to use a file to give a list of all the raster to be catalogue.
the option is
So I think a better strategy is to write the raster list on a temporary file using the -input_file_list option to pass to the gdalbuildvrt program and remove it after the end of operation.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from gdaltools: virtual catalog fail with many files to gdaltools: virtual catalog fails with many files
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 4 years ago
- Assigned to changed from Giuseppe Sucameli to anonymous -
Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Hello, bug triage...
I've tested to create a vrt with QGIS from 502 TIFF files taken individually (not using "Choose input directory instead of files") and it just work !
I am closing this feature request...
Also available in: Atom