Feature request #3651
Possibility to set rotation constraint for pal label candidate generation
|Assigned to:||Marco Hugentobler||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
For new generation labeling, in order to get field-based rotation to work (or even show fields as available), you must also set x and y fields. Additionally, the rotations are not applied unless you edit the layer and move a label.
The expectation is that you can set a field for rotation whether or not you have x and y position fields for a given layer. Additionally, the rotation should be applied without having to first edit the individual labels.
Updated by Marco Hugentobler about 6 years ago
The new labeling has two distinct modes:
1. fully automatic mode: pal library determines possible positions and rotations (depending on placement options set)
2. fully data defined mode: one candidate position with fixed position and optionally rotation is forced
What you describe would be a way to go with 1. but to specify a rotation. This is not totally impossible, but requires enhancements in the candidate generation code of the pal library. I'm therefore changing the type of this ticket.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Also available in: Atom