Feature request #3703
improvement of spatial selection
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Category:||C++ plugins/Spatial Query|
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
basically something similar to ArcGis 'select by location', where you
are able to:
1. select features in multiple layers
2. select using a buffer without having to create buffers first (eg select features within a distance of selected features of another layer)
(or should this be two seperate tickets?)
Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 5 years ago
- Category changed from Build / Install to C++ Plugins
- Assigned to deleted (
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Pierre-Luc Auclair over 2 years ago
Just a "me too". This would be incredibly useful. I create throwaway buffers so many times every day it's almost ridiculous.
Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Platform deleted (
Hello, bug triage...
still no way to make a spatial selection on multiple layers in QGIS 2.13 master. In the ArcGIS implementation, there is a checkable list of all the opened layers on the MXD (project). This list is for target layers (what you want to have selected at the end). So in ArcGIS you can make multiple selection requests (one for each target layer) on the same source layer with only one tool. This is useful because for the moment in QGIS, you have to make each request manually.
For buffer selection, I suggest that you use a Processing model with a "Fixed distance buffer" operation on the source layer followed by a "Select by location".
When the multiple selection will be implemented (perhaps in Processing tool first), we could close this feature request...
Also available in: Atom