Feature request #3734
WMS reprojection if current CRS is supported by server
|Assigned to:||Magnus Homann||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
There seems some resampling going on when requesting a CRS
which the server supports (with enabled OTF):
e.g. QGIS set to EPSG:4326 and requesting an EPSG:4326 image from a
server that supports EPSG:4326.
Originally reported: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2011-March/013287.html
Updated by Redmine Admin almost 6 years ago
WMS driver does not automatically switches to
projection requested by QGIS even if it is supported by WMS server.
You have to manually select the right projection when layer is added.
Preferably, the WMS driver should not only to switch to the right
projection, but also automatically
select the most similar projection offered by server if no one exactly
matches. Anybody is aware of an algorithm or ready for use method
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Borys Jurgiel about 5 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Affected version set to master
- Causes crash or corruption set to No
I believe choosing the strictly matching projection (if any) is the most urgent (and the simplest) fix. I thought it was already implemented, but maybe I'm wrong.
Updated by Paolo Cavallini almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 1.8.0
Updated by Jürgen Fischer almost 5 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
- Start Date set to 04/17/2012
Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Hello, bug triage...
on QGIS 2.13 master (and probably in previous versions), the WMS client set the CRS to the common CRS between the project and the WMS server. If my project is in EPSG:2154 and the WMS server have the layer I want to display in this projection, QGIS WMS client will choose EPSG:2154 by default and there is no reprojection.
I am closing this bug.
Also available in: Atom