Feature request #3748
Centralized way of sharing styles
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
It will be great to have a central repository of styles and SVGs. There could be a python-installer-like interface to download symbols and styles directly from the repository.
Updated by Paolo Cavallini almost 6 years ago
I think this implies several components (so the ticket could be split):
- add .qgis/symbols to the standard path where to look for symbols
- add a Symbol installer, similar to Plugin installer, to download sets of symbols to the above dir
- add one or more central repo, parallel to the plugin repo, where users can upload styles.
Additionally, care should we taken because having many symbols will make opening the Property window very slow; a solution should be found to this issue.
Also custom XML styles for symbology-ng can be added to this, but this would require to split the monolithic symbology-ng-style.xml into chunks that can be up- and downloaded.
Overall, not a great effort, and will make life easier for many users.
Updated by Saber Razmjooei almost 6 years ago
I think your suggestions are pretty much what I meant, But I will leave the ticket open to see what others think.
If no comments, close it and open new ones.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 4 years ago
- Assigned to changed from Giuseppe Sucameli to anonymous -
Updated by Paolo Cavallini almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Duplicate of #1063
Also available in: Atom