Feature request #3769
PostGIS connections: take them from PgAdmin3?
|Assigned to:||nobody -||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:|
It seems interesting to load the connection settings for PostGIS from
those in .pgadmin3 (or syncing them both), so the user should not repeat the config twice.
Updated by Mayeul Kauffmann about 6 years ago
A few notes on this interesting idea:
- If you have 30 databases on 3 local servers (e.g. dev, testing, prod)
and only one of those databases has tables with spatial objects, you do
not want to list them all in qgis. So you should be given the choice.
- In any case this should be optional (you should be able to configure
it manually, and you still need to give a password if you are not using
a socket or another method of authentification).
- This relies on knowing where this pgadmin config file is. I guess it
is in ~/pgadmin3 in most GNU/Linux box.
In qgis developer mailing list, Alessandro F. said:
"WinOz doesn't uses any file to store permanent
settings: it uses the System Registry instead.
so pgadmin connections are stored under the
following registry key:
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Also available in: Atom