Feature request #3795
Link to metadata
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
Would it be possible to include an editable hyperlink in the metadata tab of the layer properties (or anywhere else if you find it more appropriate)?
I'm using a metadata catalog to manage metadata for all my gis data. Each metadata is accessible on the internet with a unique URL. This new functionality would allow users to easily access the metadata of each layer directly from QGIS. I'd guess a lot of people manage their metadata this way too.
Hope my description is clear? Thanks a lot!
Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 5 years ago
- Category changed from Build / Install to GUI
- Assigned to deleted (
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Hello, bug triage...
in QGIS 2.13 master, there is a MetadataUrl box on the Metadata tab of the layer properties. You can manually add a URL and define the type (FGDC or TC211) and the format of the metadata file (text/plain or text/xml).
I am closing this feature request...
Also available in: Atom