Raster histogram drawing effectively freezes UI for large images
|Assigned to:||Tim Sutton||% Done:||
|Target version:||Version X - Unplanned|
|Platform version:||Patch supplied:||No|
If someone selects the histogram tab (intentionally or by error) with a very large image, they are stuck with waiting a long time while the graph is generated.
For novice users this can be confusing and, for anyone clicking the tab in error, frustrating as there is no way to abort a process that could take several minutes.
If the calculation was started by a specific button click (e.g. Calculate), the frustration would be avoided.
Updated by Nathan Woodrow over 2 years ago
- Assigned to set to Tim Sutton
- Target version set to Version 1.7.1
- Patch supplied set to No
I agree this can be very frustrating. Clicking it on a 5GB ecw I have freezes QGIS and you have no idea how long it will take.Suggestion to improve experience:
- Thread the collection of info from the raster.
- Only load histogram on demand with a button. Even with demand loading it should still be threaded, no need to make the user wait.
- Show progress bar with current info collection status.
Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 2 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.2 to Version 1.7.3
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.3 to Version 1.7.4
Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0