Feature request #4739
Browser: allow renaming, moving and deleting datasources
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Category:||Browser (QGIS Desktop)|
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
|Platform version:||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No|
It would be very useful to be able to delete geographic files in QGIS File Browser.
ArcCatalog (from ArcGIS) has this feature and many many people find it useful.
Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 5 years ago
- Category set to C++ Plugins
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Updated by Jürgen Fischer about 5 years ago
- Category changed from C++ Plugins to Browser (QGIS Desktop)
Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Delete shapefiles and other geographic files in QGIS File Browser to Browser: allow renaming, moving and deleting datasources
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
Changed the title to reflect the missing features in the browser and that are available in popular software like arccatalog and wxgis.
Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 4 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
Updated by Paolo Corti almost 4 years ago
I see that this was targeted to version X.
Is it that difficult to implement the support for it for 2.0? I think file delete and rename in the browser would make a huge difference.
Just my 2 cents.
Also available in: Atom