A defined custom CRS is not applied when loading a shp
|Assigned to:||-||% Done:||
|Target version:||Version 2.0.0|
|Platform version:||xp||Affected version:||1.7.4|
|Status info:||Causes crash or corruption:||No|
With 1.7.4 on windows try the following:
1. Start a new project, enable OTF and set the project to wgs84
2. Check my crs database contains the definition for my custom crs
3. Add a shp using my custom crs (layer contains a valid prj file)
4. Goto layer properties and I see "EPSG:31282 - MGI (Ferro) / Austria Central Zone" has been applied. ???
5. Select the custom crs and the layer displays correctly i.e there is nothing wrong with the crs definition!
This only affects a custom crs. Layers with a standard crs work fine.
Do the same with a current master version and all is well.
Can the fix be back ported please...?
Updated by marisn - about 1 year ago
Hm. This seems to be similar to #5066 - seems that QGIS CRS detection algorithm is failing in 1.7. It would be better to fail completely to detect CRS (and ask user!) than use a wrong one...