'Label field' based on joined table lost when reopening project (old labelling)
|Assigned to:||Marco Hugentobler||% Done:||
|Target version:||Version 2.0.0|
|Platform version:||Affected version:||1.7.4|
|Status info:||Causes crash or corruption:||No|
'Field containing label' setting is lost each time when reopening project in case if label field is set from joined table.
How to reproduce:
1. Open vector layer
2. Open table
3. Join table to vector layer
4. Turn on labeling for vector layer and choose field from joined table as 'Field containing label'
5. Save project and close.
6. Open project and see that setting 'Properties > Labels > Field containing label' is lost.
Updated by Marco Hugentobler over 1 year ago
Seems to me this is only with old labelling, not with the new one. Do you confirm?
Updated by Gerhard Spieles over 1 year ago
Yes, I can confirm this. It is only using the old labeling in layers properties.
A similar problem occurs in this case:
If the layer is structured in layer properties, "style", "rule based" or "categorized", no label of the joined table is displayed in the map.
Updated by Alessandro Ciali over 1 year ago
I experienced a similar behaviour.
I have a DXF added as layer, I joined a table, I used a joined field as label size (properties - label - advanced) and it works fine; on saving exiting and repoening the project, the join was saved but label settings for size field is lost. W7 with QGIS Master 3a2c0e9.
Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0
Updated by Alister Hood 11 months ago
- Subject changed from 'Label field' based on joined table lost when reopening project to 'Label field' based on joined table lost when reopening project (old labelling)
Updated by Giovanni Manghi 11 months ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
if this is about old labelling then should be closed.