10 QGIS Developer Meeting in Brighton 2013 (12th - 16th September)
- Time and location
- Sponsors and supporters
- Dining (Evenings)
- Getting to venue
- Room sharing
- Individual Preparation
- About Brighton
- FOSS4G 2013 (Nottingham)
- Shuttle from Brighton to Nottingham
- Points of Interest Map for FOSS4G
Time and location¶
September 12th-16th 2013, Great Britain, Brighton
For those who are interested in attending FOSS4G 2013 (17th-21st September) in Nottingham, transport will be arranged.
University of Sussex
Sponsors and supporters¶
12 September: Welcome Session
13 - 16 September: Hackfest
If you plan in advance, here is a very nice and affordable B&B to stay:
For a good coffee, you can go to (http://www.themarwood.com/)
Getting to venue¶
Gatwick Airport is the closest Airport to Brighton. It takes around 30 minutes by train (http://www.nationalrail.co.uk) to get to Brighton from Gatwick Airport. Alternatively, if your are travelling from Heathrow Airport, you can catch National Express Coaches (http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx) to Brighton.
|*#*||Participant||Country||Arrival||Departure||Accommodation||Notes||By car/bus/train from Gatwick Airport|
|1||Saber||UK||--.--||--.--||At my place||Can provide accommodation for 2 people|
|10||John Patmore||UK||--.--||--.--||At my place||Can provide accommodation for 1|
|0||Foo||Bar||--.-- (13h00)||--.-- (15h00)||Some hotel||Something||Can you pick up someone?|
- Bring your own computer (and power supply!).
- Make sure you have the right power cable for UK plugs (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BritishPlugforWikipedia.jpg)
- Install git and the compiler tools, and come with a working QGIS development environment if possible.
- Is the QGIS Hackfest just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the QGIS project and/or are committed to improving the QGIS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working qgis implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of openGIS software
- Is the QGIS Hackfest for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the hackfest?
- Contact Peter Wells or Saber Razmjooei <info_at_lutraconsulting_dot_co_dot_uk>
Brighton is one of the major cities on the south coast of Great Britain. It is approximately 90 km south of London.
FOSS4G 2013 (Nottingham)¶
FOSS4G is happening around 320km north of Brighton, shortly after the QGIS hackfest.
Shuttle from Brighton to Nottingham¶
We are looking into the possibility of organising transport directly from Brighton to Nottingham for anyone who is interested. To get an idea of numbers, please add your name to the list below.
Points of Interest Map for FOSS4G¶
We're also preparing a POI map for Nottingham: