7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012¶
- 7th QGIS Developer Meeting in Lyon 2012
- Period and location
- Younth hostel
- Résidence hôtelière Odalys Bioparc
- Adagio Access Lyon Mermoz
- Residhotel Lyon Part Dieu
- Hôtel de Noailles
- Dining (Evenings)
- By plane
- By train
- By car
- From «Lyon Part-Dieu» train station to the venue
- Individual Preparation
- About Lyon
Period and location¶
April 12th-16th 2012, Lyon (France)
Lyon is the second city in France, conveniently located on the Rhône valley. See at the bottom for some pointers to the city attractions.
Note that Lyon will also host the WWW2012 conference (with Tim Berners Lee and more) from 16th to 20th : http://www2012.wwwconference.org/
University of Lyon 1
Université de Médecine et de Pharmacie Grange Blanche et Lyon Nord
8 avenue Rockefeller, 69008 Lyon
- 12th-15th : Room 106 (8am - 10pm)
- 16th : Room 110 (8am - 5pm)
Of course you are invited to join or leave the meeting whenever you want.
Sponsors¶The call for sponsors ends on 29th of february, but as for now, 4 bronze sponsors are identified :
- 3Liz ( http://www.3liz.com )
- Camptocamp ( http://www.camptocamp.com )
- Oslandia ( http://www.oslandia.com )
- Services geographiques ( http://servicesgeographiques.com )
- Price: from 22 € (breakfast included)
- AJ du Vieux Lyon 41-45, montée du Chemin Neuf 69005 - Lyon
- line D, 5 stations away (~ 10-15 mn)
- link: http://www.fuaj.org/lyon#
Résidence hôtelière Odalys Bioparc¶
- Price: ~ 50 € (for a flat for two persons) to 80 € (single room)
- 60, Avenue Rockefeller, Maison de la Danse, 69008 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/A6MvWt
Adagio Access Lyon Mermoz¶
- Price: ~ 66 €
- 14, rue Jaqueline Auriol, à l'angle du 55 Avenue Jean Mermoz, Maison de la Danse, 69008 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/y03X7M
Residhotel Lyon Part Dieu¶
- Price: 105 € for 4 persons (~ 30 € par person)
- 79, Bvd Marius Vivier Merle, La Part-Dieu, 69003 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/y9yH1n
Hôtel de Noailles¶
- Price: ~ 21 € per night
- 30, Cours Gambetta. - Station : Saxe-Gambetta, 69007 Lyon
- link: http://bit.ly/xJp2lO
Some other hostel can be found here : http://bit.ly/y814j2
Cheap accomodation can be found in Accor hotel if you book 1 month before the date. Two hostels are close the hack fest (Adagio Access Lyon and Mercure Lyon Lumiere) http://www.accorhotels.com/f
Lyon can be reached by plane, train, car, foot, bicycle…
Lyon's airport is "Lyon Saint Exupéry" aka "LYS". It's outside the city, approximately 30 minutes away.
There are a lot of connexions with many cities in Europe and abroad, and some low-cost flights as well.
Airport's website : http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng
From the airport to the train station
There is a tramway going directly from the airport to the train station, every 15min. Trip duration : 30 min.
Website : http://www.rhonexpress.fr/
Try to group arrivals at the airport, and we'll manage to pick you up, as the tramway is quite expensive.
Lyon is 2h away from Paris by train (TGV), and it could be more convenient and cheaper to land in Paris and take a train to Lyon. Most travel agencies can arrange a combo ticket.
Lyon is not far from Geneva, but there are not a lot of trains between Geneva and Lyon. It may be easier to land in Geneva though.
There are different train stations in Lyon. Be sure to arrive at "Lyon Part Dieu".
You can check schedules and buy your tickets online.
SNCF's website : http://www.voyages-sncf.com
Some travel times : Paris 2h, Marseille 1h40, Lille 3h, Brussels 3h30…
By car¶Some journey durations :
- Paris 4h
- Geneva 1h30
- Turin 3h
- Barcelona 5h
From «Lyon Part-Dieu» train station to the venue¶
The venue is a few stations away from the main train station. You can come by bus (no connection) or with the metro.
Go out of the train station on the "Vivier Merle" side (western side, aka "Rhône side"). If you came with the Rhonexpress tramway you'll have to go through the train station to the other side.
Cross the little place, and walk toward the big shopping center called "Centre commercial Part Dieu" with big ad screens. You'll see a lot of tramways and buses.
Find the C13 bus and take it towards Grange Blanche. Get off at the last stop, Grange Blanche. Continue walking 100m on avenue Rockefeller and you will find the university's entrance.
You should need 30min altogether.
C13 schedule and stops : http://tcl.fr/plugins/horaires/pdf/2011_08_29_ligneC13.pdf
You can plan your trip on http://tcl.fr/
MetroFrom Part Dieu to Grange Blanche you can also take the metro :
- At the "Part Dieu" train station take line B towards Stade de Gerland
- Get off at this stop: Saxe Gambetta
- Connect to Métro D going towards Gare de Vénissieux
- Get off at this stop: Grange Blanche
It's a 30min journey too.
Link to the web site (price, map, etc.): http://www.tcl.fr/index.asp
Price: 1.60 € (one ticket - 2 € in the bus) - 14.3 € for 10 tickets - Ticket Liberté 1 day: 4,90 €
There are taxis at the «Part Dieu» train station, just outside the station on the «Alpes» side (eastern side).
- Users Feedback
- Add your own !
|0||Mr Example||France||10.04 (17h)||14.04 (8h30)||Hotel Californi||Cloud Geo Design 2.0 support|
|1||Vincent Picavet||France||11/04/12||16/04/12||Local||Local contact|
|3||Yves Jacolin||France||11/04/12||14/04/12||TBD||Local contact|
- Bring your own computer. Better with a power bar and long cable, and ethernet cable (we'll provide some, and wifi, but better more than less).
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working QGIS development environment if possible.
- Is the QGIS Hackfest just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the QGIS project and/or are committed to improving the QGIS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working qgis implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of openGIS software
- Is the QGIS Hackfest for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the hackfest?
- Contact OSGeo-fr at <conferences at osgeo.asso.fr> or directly Vincent Picavet <vincent.picavet at oslandia.com>
- www 2012 conference, 16th-20th april : http://www2012.wwwconference.org/
- Things to see include Fourvière, the old city, the opera and place des terreaux, the fine arts museum, Parc de la Tête d'Or, La sucrière...
- Lyon is well-known for its gastronomy. Do not miss a traditionnal "Bouchon Lyonnais" with its andouillette and a Cote du Rhône