8 QGIS Developer Meeting in Essen 2012¶
- 8 QGIS Developer Meeting in Essen 2012
- Period and location
- Dining (Evenings)
- By plane
- By train
- By car
- Individual Preparation
- About Essen and the Rhur area
Period and location¶
October 3rd-7th 2012, Essen, Linuxhotel (Germany)
Essen is a city in the central part of the Ruhr area in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Located on the River Ruhr, its population of approximately 579,000 makes it the 9th-largest city in Germany. For the year 2010, Essen was the European Capital of Culture on behalf of the whole Ruhr area. You find more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essen
The Linuxhotel (http://www.linuxhotel.de) is one of the nodes for open source training in Germany. For years, they support open source projects financially as sponsor and/or provide space for developer and project meetings for very special conditions. The QGIS project is thankful that the Linuxhotel (Villa Vogelsang) will host and support the 8th QGIS Developer Meeting.
D - 45279 Essen-Horst
Phone: 0049-(0)201 8536-600
Fax: 0049-(0)201 8536-605
Sponsors¶We currently have 3 sponsors for the event :
- Linuxhotel (http://www.linuxhotel.de/)
- Geoinformatik Büro Dassau (http://www.gbd-consult.de/)
- German FOSSGIS e.V. (http://www.fossgis.de/)
It will probably be possible for all participants to stay directly at the venue. We will provide more and detailed information soon.
We will provide more and detailed information about this important topic soon ;).
The Linuxhotel (Villa Vogelsang) in Essen can be reached by plane, train, car, foot, bicycle, ...
The Linuxhotel (Villa Vogelsang) is about 35 Minutes (with Taxi) away from Düsseldorf and Dortmund airport and about 50 Minutes from Cologne airport. The provided website show you, what airlines serve which airports.
- Airport Düsseldorf (http://www.duesseldorf-international.de/dus_en/)
- Airport Dortmund (http://www.dortmund-airport.de/5.html?&L=1)
- Airport Cologne/Bonn (http://www.koeln-bonn-airport.de/index.php?id=1&L=1)
You can buy tickets online at http://www.bahn.de/i/view/DEU/en/index.shtml
The nearest train station to the Linuxhotel is called "Horst S-Bahnhof Essen (Ruhr)" (S3). It is a 10 minutes walk away. The nearest train station with taxi waiting area is called "Essen-Steele". If you arrive from Essen main station at Horst S-Bahnhof Essen (Ruhr), then go under the tracks, up the hill, at the end right into "Lindkenshofer Weg". After 200m turn right again into "Eberhardstr.". This leads you straight to the brown wooden door of our villa Vogelsang. Also see figure: http://www.linuxhotel.de/pics/karte-s-bahnhof.png
Nearby Autobahn/Highway exits are:
- A40 Exit/Ausfahrt Nr. 27 "Essen-Kray"
- A40 Exit/Ausfahrt Nr. 26 "Essen-Frillendorf"
- A52 Exit/Ausfahrt Nr. 30 "Essen-Bergerhausen"
If you leave the Autobahn, drive in direction to "Essen-Steele" and follow the signs to "Essen-Horst". You will pass two super markets "Aldi" and "Lidl" and a level crossing. From the intersection Dahlhauser Straße/Von-Ossietzky-Ring in the center of Essen-Horst you will find signs to "Villa Vogelsang". Also see figure: http://www.linuxhotel.de/pics/karte-autobahn.png and http://www.linuxhotel.de/pics/karte-essen-horst.png.
- Users Feedback
|0||Mr Example||France||02.10 (17h)||07.10 (18h30)||Linuxhotel||Cloud Geo Design 2.0 support|
- Bring your own computer. Better with a power bar and long cable, and ethernet cable (we'll provide wifi, but better you have a cable, too).
- Install git and the compiler tools, and come with a working QGIS development environment if possible.
- Is the QGIS Hackfest just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the QGIS project and/or are committed to improving the QGIS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working qgis implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of openGIS software
- Is the QGIS Hackfest for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the hackfest?