Contributor Requirements and Responsibilities¶
In order to contribute code, patches, or documentation to the QGIS project, all developers/team members must:
- Abide by the Social Contract.
- Be familiar with the development process and the reference material available in the Development Corner, and the CODING document in the root of the QGIS Sources.
- Ensure that all code committed to the repository is unencumbered and compatible with the QGIS license, GPL version 2
- Not use or include any code that will cause a trademark or patent infringement. If you are unsure, ask on the developer mailing list or contact a Project Steering Committee member.
- Join the qgis-developer mailing list and contribute to discussions
- Agree to these requirements by sending an email to the qgis-developer mailing list stating agreement.
These requirements apply to both developers desiring commit privileges and those that submit patches.