PSC Meeting 3 Jan 2014

Proposed meeting time:

Friday, Jan 03, 1500 UTC

previous meeting

next meeting

Members Present:

Richard Duivenvoorde
Paolo Cavallini
Anita Graser
Gary Sherman (Chair)
Otto Dassau
Tim Sutton
J├╝rgen Fischer
Stephan Meissl (Guest)

Agenda:

from Paolo's mail:

Richard:

Log:

16:04 -!- gsherman [~gsherman@qgis/developer/gsherman] has joined #qgis_meeting_140103
16:04 < timlinux> hey gsherman !
16:05 < gsherman> hi
16:05 -!- imincik [~imincik@92.245.6.37] has joined #qgis_meeting_140103
16:06 -!- imincik [~imincik@92.245.6.37] has left #qgis_meeting_140103 []
16:06 < timlinux> is marco coming?
16:06 < timlinux> Ill send anita a quick tweet
16:06 < duiv> marco sent an email, that is is in the mountains
16:06 < jef> marco is still in the mountains
16:07 < pcav> ok, only anita missing then
16:07 < timlinux> just sent her a tweet
16:10 < timlinux> anit is coming 1 sec please
16:11 -!- anitagraser1 [~Anita@chello084114132079.11.15.vie.surfer.at] has joined #qgis_meeting_140103
16:11 < anitagraser1> hi 
16:12 < anitagraser1> does this work?
16:13 < pcav> yes
16:13 < timlinux> anitagraser1: hi - we havent started yet
16:13 < timlinux> Since the chairman is here maybe he would like to chair? :-)
16:14 < gsherman> no, someone else go ahead---0600 here and i've been under the weather so i'll just add sarcastic comments when appropriate
16:14 < anitagraser1> timlinux: ok, thanks!
16:15 < anitagraser1> pcav: do you want to start?
16:15 < duiv> I added some info on a wiki page: http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/PSC_Meeting_3_Jan_2014
16:16 < pcav> suer, anitagra
16:22 < anitagraser1> pcav: would you go ahead? or are we still waiting?
16:22 < timlinux> Lets get rolling! :-)
16:22 < pcav> let's go!
16:22 < pcav> who should start?
16:23 < timlinux> gsherman: do you want to chair the meeting?
16:23 < pcav> +1
16:24 < gsherman> ok, first agenda item---Vienna hf
16:24 < gsherman> since i'm out of the loop---who has the lead on this?
16:25 < duiv> well, I do not think there has been much action from QGIS side on this
16:25 < duiv> pcav? StephanMeissl?
16:26 < timlinux> So last time we agreed to merge with OSGEO c-tribe and I guess there isnt much to do on it right now except hear from StephanMeissl what they need?
16:26 < StephanMeissl> I can give a brief report on the current status but actually there's not much to report I guess
16:26 < anitagraser1> we have no local qgis consultants, so I don't see local sponsorship from that side
16:26 < duiv> Ok, so we just show up? :-)
16:26 <@dassau> +1 for a short report
16:26 < timlinux> +1
16:26 < StephanMeissl> my main points for the moment are negotiating a hotel block and contacting sponsors
16:27 < StephanMeissl> @hotel my preferred option at the moment is the closest to the venue (~4min walk) which offers 1bedroom for 65EUR and 2bed for 85EUR
16:28 < StephanMeissl> would that suit the qgis community?
16:28 < pcav> being close is a major advantage
16:28 < anitagraser1> +1
16:28 < pcav> +1 for me
16:28 <@dassau> +1
16:28 < timlinux> No idea if we can afford that but I guess we can encourage QGIS devs to get shared rooms
16:28 < StephanMeissl> k, great maybe they even have 3 and 4bed rooms... not sure yet
16:29 < StephanMeissl> so sharing would get even cheaper
16:29 < pcav> timlinux: we can
16:29 < StephanMeissl> as said I'm negotiating
16:29 < timlinux> pcav: good
16:29 < pcav> and we want our devs to sleep well :)
16:29 < pcav> of course the cheaper the better
16:29 < timlinux> being close to the venue would be really good
16:29 < StephanMeissl> @sponsors we have currently 7 confirmed ones and a couple of intended
16:30 < StephanMeissl> my original budget planning is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvA-LTbghEuHdC1oX3BpYW9RUU5neTU4ZkZOeEpwcFE
16:30 < pcav> StephanMeissl: what are the sponsors supposed to cover?
16:30 < StephanMeissl> I still need to update it regarding our last discussions and to include the qgis crowed
16:31 < StephanMeissl> as detailed in the sheet I was planning for providing snacks, lunches, and dinners
16:31 < pcav> ok, I see now
16:31 < pcav> any more news?
16:31 < StephanMeissl> given the current number of sponsors I'm confident for snacks and lunches
16:31 < pcav> as it stands, we can make it official for me now
16:31 < StephanMeissl> we'll see how much of dinners we will get in the end ;)
16:32 < anitagraser1> +1
16:32 < timlinux> StephanMeissl: my one concern is that we should still have a break out space for ad hoc meetings and presentations
16:32 < timlinux> I saw on the (wiki?) that that wasnt the plan for the hackfest
16:32 < timlinux> but for QGIS meetups its an integral part of how we run our meetings
16:32 < StephanMeissl> timlinux, we will have at least one big room and one smaller one
16:33 < StephanMeissl> so we're planning to have the big room configured with 7-8 table groups for 8 persons each
16:33 < timlinux> with an overhead projector?
16:33 < StephanMeissl> the smaller one will either have a couple of groups again or a round table for 20-25 persons
16:33 < StephanMeissl> yes, should be there
16:34 < StephanMeissl> in addition they offered smaller rooms like 10-12 persons
16:34 < timlinux> ok cool that sounds good
16:34 < StephanMeissl> but I have to check if those are confirmed
16:34 < StephanMeissl> the two bigger rooms are connected but we can close the doors for your meetings ;)
16:35 < gsherman> ok, any more on this?
16:35 < timlinux> -
16:35 < StephanMeissl> if you look here http://vienna2014.sprint.osgeo.org/2013/12/16/venue.html you can see the bigger room and in the first image on the right side the door to the smaller on
16:36 < StephanMeissl> the third image shows one of the not yet confirmed rooms
16:37 < StephanMeissl> just maybe one question regarding sponsors: do you think we can/should contact potential sponsors through your usual channels?
16:37 < duiv> pcav: that was on your list isn't it?
16:37 < pcav> yes
16:38 < pcav> I'll do soon
16:38 < pcav> so:
16:38 < pcav> should we vote?
16:38 < StephanMeissl> k great, just let me know if you have any questions
16:38 < pcav> or we assume we have already decided?
16:38 < duiv> I think we already decided last meeting...
16:39 < pcav> StephanMeissl: just please (re)send me all the links you have descibing the event
16:39 < anitagraser1> yes we did
16:39 < timlinux> yes pcav we decided on Vienna last meeting iirc
16:39 < pcav> so I'll add them to my sponsorship invitation
16:39 < pcav> ah, ok
16:39 < StephanMeissl> I can send you my template 
16:40 < gsherman> ready for next agenda item: Essen HF?
16:40 < pcav> so I wait for latest info from StephanMeissl and I'll start searching for sponsors
16:40 < StephanMeissl> just one point, the 10% discount expires next week
16:40 < pcav> discount on what?
16:40 < StephanMeissl> do you want to think about a special qgis something?
16:40 < StephanMeissl> discount for early sponsors http://vienna2014.sprint.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html
16:40 < pcav> oh, I see
16:41 < StephanMeissl> I'm open to discuss if you wish
16:41 < pcav> it would be nice to have a QGIS package
16:41 < pcav> but I think it would make things more complicated
16:41 < pcav> rather, I'd accept also free donations
16:41 < pcav> of any amount
16:42 < pcav> but we can also handle this through account
16:42 < StephanMeissl> I see
16:42 < pcav> we can sort this out in pvt
16:42 < pcav> I think we can move on
16:42 < StephanMeissl> maybe we should distinguish between code sprint sponsors and qgis sponsors?
16:43 < timlinux> yeah
16:43 < StephanMeissl> k, I'm available afterwards
16:43 <@dassau> next one (Essen) was from me
16:43 < gsherman> ok, go ahead
16:43 <@dassau> I wanted to ask if we still plan to go there next autumn?
16:44 < anitagraser1> +1
16:44 <@dassau> Or are there other venues?
16:44 < timlinux> dassau: +1 for autumn
16:44 < pcav> +1 for Essen
16:44 <@dassau> Because there seem to be a lot of meetings next year and I would like to make sure, that we can go there
16:44 < jef> +1
16:44 < timlinux> if we could get teh venue for the same time each year it would be great
16:44 < duiv> +1
16:44 <@dassau> ok fine
16:44 < duiv> was really nice
16:44 < gsherman> that was easy
16:44 < timlinux> then we only need to organise 1 'new' venue each year
16:45 <@dassau> So I will ask them soon what dates are available
16:45 < pcav> fine, thanks dassau 
16:46 < gsherman> next item is: donation handling
16:46 < pcav> anyone?
16:46 < gsherman> what is the issue?
16:48 < duiv> issue is that pcav has troubles following up the scattered donations
16:48 < timlinux> ....
16:48 < pcav> the handling of donations
16:48 < pcav> if quite cumbersome
16:48 < pcav> currently is all manual
16:48 < pcav> Horst gets the PayPal notifications
16:48 < pcav> then he sends it to me
16:49 < pcav> I thank the donor, and update the page
16:49 < pcav> ti was ok for one donation every 15 days
16:49 < jef> .oO(procmail?)
16:49 < pcav> now it's I think >1/day
16:49 < pcav> jef: for forwarding yes
16:49 < pcav> but still
16:50 < pcav> the page should be updated 
16:50 < pcav> and a thanks you latter should be sent
16:50 < timlinux> pcav: I have been building up an app for managing projects (high level) you have seen it as the changelog app here://changelog.linfiniti.com. I would happy to donate some of George (my developer)'s time to build a tool to manage these if there was some clear spec of what is needed
16:50 < pcav> furthermore
16:50 < pcav> some of the donations come through the bank account
16:50 < pcav> not PayPal
16:51 < pcav> what I would like:
16:51 < jef> pcav: it's procmail not forwardmail
16:51 < anitagraser1> guess those cannot be automatec (bank account ones)
16:51 < jef> pcav: so it could also produce a reply and update the page
16:51 < pcav> jef: then it would be enough for me
16:52 < jef> pcav: which page?
16:53 < pcav> http://qgis.org/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#list-of-donors
16:54 < gsherman> more?
16:54 < jef> duiv: how is the rebuild of the website handled?
16:54 < anitagraser1> is it common for projects to list all donors?
16:55 < pcav> I do not think so
16:55 < pcav> we can stop
16:55 < anitagraser1> then +1 for stopping
16:55 < pcav> do not know which impact this will have on donations
16:55 < anitagraser1> i don't think anyone would mind
16:55 < pcav> from the feedback I receive
16:55 < pcav> people seem happy of being listed
16:56 < pcav> but I agree, we are getting in the adult age now
16:56 < pcav> :)
16:56 < anitagraser1> we could have a summary with the release log
16:56 < gsherman> i think some record has to be maintained
16:56 < pcav> so a 0 from me
16:56 < pcav> gsherman: yes, at leas an interbnal one
16:56 < anitagraser1> instead of updating the page every time we receive a donation
16:56 < pcav> internal
16:56 < duiv> well, it is a rst/txt file, so we can even update that one only after a release
16:56 < duiv> https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/master/source/site/about/sponsorship.rst
16:57 < jef> so that's not currently being done?
16:57 < jef> if we receive a donation?
16:57 < duiv> yes, pcav is updating it periodically
16:57 < pcav> not for every one
16:57 < pcav> yes
16:57 < anitagraser1> microdonations via flattr are not listed I assume
16:57 < gsherman> "Donors will be listed on the sponsors page, but do not receive the additional benefits listed above for sponsors" 
16:57 < jef> duiv: how?
16:58 < duiv> by hand
16:58 < pcav> yes
16:58 < pcav> that's the point
16:58 < jef> duiv: how?
17:00 < duiv> I was thinking about part of the building bashscript, adding it on the end of the rst file
17:00 < jef> duiv: ok, I'll look for the script myself ;)
17:01 < pcav> thanks a lot
17:01 < pcav> should we move on then?
17:01 < gsherman> protecting QGIS brand: http://oami.europa.eu/ows/rw/pages/CTM/index.en.do
17:02 < pcav> ok
17:02 < pcav> we basically decided to do it
17:02 < pcav> long ago
17:02 < pcav> but never agreed on a course of actions
17:02 < pcav> is the issue clear
17:02 < pcav> or should I recall something?
17:03 < gsherman> are we looking for global protection ?
17:03 < anitagraser1> what was the price point?
17:03 < pcav> that's unfeasible
17:03 < timlinux> gsherman: I think we decieded eu and usa to start with
17:03 < gsherman> agreed :)
17:03 < pcav> EU apparently is enough for establishing a prior art
17:03 < pcav> or something
17:04 < pcav> for EU si about 2kEUR
17:04 < pcav> I can search for the figure
17:05 < pcav> furthermore
17:06 < pcav> we can ask for legal support from Software Freedom Conservancy
17:06 < anitagraser1> might be worth to compare their offer with Location Tech, Eclipse Foundation http://locationtech.org/members
17:07 < anitagraser1> sounds similar to me. but maybe i got it wrong
17:07 < pcav> anitagraser1: do not know
17:07 < pcav> but it seems quite different to me
17:08 < pcav> anyway
17:08 < pcav> my suggestion is to do one thing at a time
17:08 < timlinux> yeah lets first get our trademark
17:08 < pcav> and brand protection seems the first step
17:08 < pcav> so
17:09 < pcav> should we discuss
17:09 < pcav> or vote?
17:09 < anitagraser1> what's the worst thing that can happen if we don't project the brand?
17:09 < gsherman> both?
17:10 < anitagraser1> someone can tell us to stop using "qgis" name?
17:10 < gsherman> someone will threaten a lawsuit and force us to change the name
17:10 < gsherman> has already happened with one named release
17:10 < pcav> yes
17:10 < pcav> my more immediate worry is however
17:10 < gsherman> even though they would have lost in court
17:10 < anitagraser1> ok, and in the us, that could end really bad for us?
17:11 < pcav> that a growing number of products and activities 
17:11 < pcav> will use our name
17:11 < gsherman> anitagraser1, yes, potentially
17:11 < pcav> thus diluting our fame
17:11 < pcav> and potentially polluting it
17:11 < anitagraser1> pcav: good point
17:12 < pcav> I would not like to see e.g. "QGIS France" 
17:12 < pcav> labelling a product that has nothing to do with us
17:12 < anitagraser1> well, i'm all for protecting it
17:13 < pcav> of course, its' relative protection
17:13 < timlinux> +1
17:13 < pcav> not absolute
17:13 < pcav> we should still go to court to enforce it
17:13 < pcav> but at least we have some degree of credibility
17:13 < timlinux> I think at least having EU and USA will also prevent someone (e.g. APPLE) making a workdwide trademarked project
17:14 < jef> we have a i in our name :)
17:14 < anitagraser1> danger
17:14 < timlinux> then we are dead :-P
17:14 < anitagraser1> ok, vote or discuss price/how to pay?
17:15 < timlinux> So a previous time we discussed EUR2k budget to get an EU trademark
17:15 < timlinux> is that still on the cards pcav ?
17:16 < pcav> yes
17:16 < timlinux> +1 from me to simply go on and do it
17:16 < anitagraser1> +1 as tim said
17:16 < jef> +1
17:16 <@dassau> +1 also from me
17:17 < gsherman> +1
17:17 < duiv> +1
17:17 < gsherman> wiki cleanup
17:18 < anitagraser1> ok, the problem is that much of the wiki is outdated
17:18 < anitagraser1> some parts duplicate what's done much better in the documentation
17:18 < pcav> and not maintained
17:18 < pcav> doc, governance, help
17:18 < pcav> etc
17:19 < timlinux> if I had my way I would jsut can the wiki and request documentation be formally maintained in the do tree
17:19 < timlinux> just
17:19 < timlinux> can == cat wiki > /dev/null
17:19 < gsherman> timlinux, radical!
17:19 < anitagraser1> most current use is for meeting organization
17:19 < pcav> I think we should remove obsolete info 
17:19 < jef> gsherman: cat is not radical at all ;)
17:19 < pcav> anitagraser1: yes
17:19 < pcav> I only see it useful for HF
17:20 < anitagraser1> +1 for getting rid of it and organize meetings on a different platform
17:20 < pcav> a bit overkill though
17:20 < gsherman> jef, i meant timlinux == radical :)
17:20 < pcav> and only for organization
17:20 < pcav> once finished
17:20 < pcav> I think it should moved to gov
17:20 < duiv> today I tried to play with wiki of github... not clear to me yet
17:20 < timlinux> I think wiki is fine for stuff that will never need to be maintained again - e.g. just jotting stuff down for minutes
17:21 < jef> everything that has been moved to the doc should be removed from the wiki.
17:21 < timlinux> duiv: I dont think just replacing it with another wiki is going to solve the fundamental issue
17:21 < pcav> timlinux: no0body is gong to remove it though
17:21 < pcav> and it will rust forever
17:21 < jef> ok, should have been.
17:21 < timlinux> pcav: I think if others here dont see my suggestion as too radical
17:21 < jef> the doc was started with the stuff from the wiki, right?
17:21 < timlinux> we could ahve an end of life period
17:21 < pcav> ok, my suggestion:
17:22 < pcav> we announce the removal of the wiki
17:22 < jef> timlinux: we have an brand new UX page 
17:22 < pcav> and invite anyone to say what they need to be moved
17:22 < timlinux> jef url?
17:22 < pcav> after a few weeks we remove it
17:22 < pcav> radical ;)
17:23 < timlinux> pcav (-:-)
17:23 < anitagraser1> jef: do you mean the mailing list?
17:23 < duiv> +1
17:23 < jef> anitagraser1: no, the page.
17:23 < timlinux> +1
17:23 < jef> anitagraser1: also announced somewhere.
17:24 < anitagraser1> jef: url?
17:24 < jef> timlinux: isn't there a list of wiki pages - with last change date?
17:24 < jef> anitagraser1: it was announced somewhere.
17:24 < anitagraser1> jef: http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Date_index
17:24 < jef> anitagraser1: noone announce it.
17:24 < timlinux> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Date_index
17:24 < timlinux> oops too late :-)
17:25 < jef> which date is that?
17:25 < anitagraser1> jef: sorry what do you mean?
17:25 < jef> anitagraser1: change or creation date?
17:26 < jef> the ux page is http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Usability :)
17:26 < anitagraser1> has to be change
17:26 < duiv> I think both. I created one and updated the meeting pages today
17:26 < pcav> yes
17:27 < jef> so remove everything that wasn't change in a year or so should cleanup major cruft.
17:27 < anitagraser1> i don't think that page is a good solution for UX
17:27 < anitagraser1> could be done on mailing list and then in ticket discussions
17:28 < anitagraser1> otherwise there are too many places to check
17:28 < anitagraser1> and no notifications about wiki changes
17:28 < pcav> jef: not really
17:28 < anitagraser1> (ok, there seems to be a watch function)
17:28 < timlinux> jef I think having formal areas for ux, cookbook, user docs, case studies etc should provide a more structured way to deal with docs
17:28 < pcav> the dowloadfr page was updated
17:28 < pcav> recently, but that was wrong
17:28 < timlinux> and the rest can be 'out there' on blogs etc
17:28 < pcav> as the good one is on the new site
17:28 < pcav> this creates a lot of confusione
17:29 < jef> removing everything isn't ok either.
17:29 < pcav> jef: why not leaving the users/devs to decide?
17:30 < anitagraser1> i think we should decide
17:30 < pcav> if 10 people want to keep page x, we can decide to lave it
17:30 < pcav> or move ti to gov, docs, or where appropriate
17:30 < jef> um, they have.  they could have removed them.
17:30 < pcav> my suggestion:
17:30 < pcav> announce the removal
17:30 < pcav> ask for feedback
17:30 < pcav> in case anyone needs something
17:31 < pcav> and we decide what to do in these special cases
17:31 < pcav> nobody is removing anything
17:31 < pcav> in case somenone would be interested
17:31 < pcav> so we are in a deadlock
17:31 < pcav> since long
17:31 < timlinux> btw wiki is also spam hell e.g. : http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/android-qgis/Download
17:32 < anitagraser1> +1 for announcing removal now
17:32 < pcav> +1
17:32 < gsherman> +0
17:32 <@dassau> +1
17:32 < duiv> +1
17:33 < jef> -0
17:33 < timlinux> +1 (btw we can make it read only for e.g. 1 year before finally axing it)
17:33 < pcav> timlinux: -1
17:33 < pcav> this is ugly confusing for users
17:33 < anitagraser1> timlinux: -0 only with huge warning banners
17:33 < timlinux> yeah ok - there is always the internet archive for the desperate
17:33 < pcav> yes
17:34 < jef> remove the wiki or remove the current content of the wiki?
17:34 < pcav> and of course we keep an internal copy of the text
17:34 < anitagraser1> remove wiki
17:34 < jef> -1
17:34 < pcav> content for suer
17:34 < pcav> wiki, unsure
17:34 < anitagraser1> ah
17:34 < timlinux> hehe
17:35 < timlinux> ok new rule: we should all vote on the same thing when voting :-)
17:35 < pcav> :)
17:35 < anitagraser1> do we think it's going to get better after deleting the current content?
17:35 < timlinux> jef what is your reason for not wanting it removed?
17:35 < timlinux> also I dont thing e.g.. 1 year and less content is necessarily the 'good stuff'
17:36 < pcav> right
17:36 < pcav> so?
17:37 < timlinux> Well it seems content removal / purge is the less contentious choice
17:38 < anitagraser1> timlinux: then we have an empty wiki floating around ...
17:38 < anitagraser1> not a good impression either
17:38 < timlinux> anitagraser1: I meant purge as per jef's suggestion to keep only recent content
17:39 < timlinux> my preferred choice is still to delete the whole thing
17:39 < anitagraser1> timlinux: i see
17:39 < timlinux> But I am not clear on how the purge would work so I cant vote on that
17:40 < jef> hm, the page list isn't too long.
17:40 < timlinux> folks I apologise but I need to go in a few mins
17:41 < pcav> timlinux: what about release checklists etc?
17:41 < pcav> a good proportion of the pages
17:41 < timlinux> pcav: dont care about those anymore
17:41 < pcav> is this content elsewhere?
17:41 < pcav> and useful anyway?
17:41 < timlinux> pcav: they are in the sphinx docs for new ones
17:41 < timlinux> I dont think they are of any use
17:42 < pcav> so:
17:42 < timlinux> and maybe jef will have his one robot driven way to do the release anyway I dont know
17:43 < pcav> timlinux: before leaving:
17:43 < timlinux> btw we are adding checklit creation to project project too
17:43 < pcav> 1. should I go on with the trademark
17:43 < pcav> with the layer I found
17:43 < pcav> or should we seek further ?
17:43 < timlinux> I think we voted +1 on that above
17:44 < pcav> 2. about merging GSoC
17:44 < pcav> I think you are the main one
17:44 < pcav> It would be good if ou could quickly throw an answer
17:45 < timlinux> for symbols?
17:45 < timlinux> pcav: I will try to get through it this weekend
17:45 < pcav> timlinux: thanks
17:45 < pcav> I think it's an important point
17:46 < pcav> I have several requests for adding symbol sets
17:46 < timlinux> yeah we should have that in 2.2 if our release manager agrees
17:46 < pcav> fine
17:46 < pcav> thanks
17:46 < pcav> so you're free for me :)
17:47 < pcav> should we decide on the wiki?
17:47 < pcav> jef, what's your issue in removing it?
17:47 < timlinux> ok folks I'll read the logs futher and be back a little later
17:47 < anitagraser1> timlinux: see you!
17:49 < duiv> I think we will still need a wiki for certain things. So a good clean up would be good enough?
17:49 < gsherman> I have to leave as well---i'll hand the chair to whoever grabs it
17:49 < jef> pcav: we have used it.  and I don't see why we shouldn't continue to do it.  I think for more general it's better than ticket.  and a ml IMHO isn't good for keeping a current state.
17:50 < pcav> I reformulate my suggestion:
17:50 < pcav> we ask the users and devs
17:50 < pcav> to point out which page should be kept
17:50 < pcav> and we remove all the rest
17:50 < pcav> for those who are asked to be kept
17:50 < pcav> we move to docs or gov 
17:51 < pcav> all what is possible
17:51  * jef already removed a couple of pages.
17:51 < pcav> if we remain with <20 pages
17:51 < pcav> then it's manageable
17:51 < pcav> thoughts?
17:51 < anitagraser1> +1 and we should have a policy, that material that should go into the documentation is not allowed on the wiki
17:52 <@dassau> +1 
17:52 < pcav> in the front page of the wiki
17:52 < pcav> before all however
17:52 < anitagraser1> on front page and (if possible) as a reminder in the edit view
17:52 < pcav> anyone knows how to save all the current pages
17:52 < anitagraser1> nope
17:52 < pcav> so in case we can always find useful info?
17:53 < pcav> we can aks pirmin then
17:54 < pcav> we still have 5 items
17:54 < anitagraser1> pcav: will you write the announcement? or should i do it?
17:55 < pcav> anitagraser1: if you want, please go
17:55 < anitagraser1> ok, i'll write to user + dev
17:55 < pcav> could you also ask pirmin to save all current state?
17:55 < pcav> just in case
17:55 < duiv> forget my points, I'll ask on lists or on HF
17:56 < duiv> I've to split also, sorry
17:56 < anitagraser1> pcav: sure
17:56 < duiv> we should do this a little more time efficient
17:56 < pcav> fine
17:56 < pcav> so we're done?
17:56 < duiv> yep
17:56 < anitagraser1> last time, i had the logo as one of my points which we didn't discuss 
17:56 < anitagraser1> but i guess that's in no hurry
17:57 < anitagraser1> forget it
17:57 < anitagraser1> so we meet again next month
17:58 <@dassau> yes, let's meet again next month
17:58 < duiv> anitagraser1: we discussed, and agreed not to change it before 3.0 (see irc logs)
17:58 < jef> in the wiki ;)
17:59 < duiv> :-) ok see you next time
17:59 < anitagraser1> duiv: yes, we moved the discussion to 3.0
18:00 < pcav> ok, thanks to all
18:00 < anitagraser1> ok, thanks everyone. see you!
18:00 < duiv> thanks all, Bye
18:01 <@dassau> yes, thanks! Bye
18:02 -!- dassau [~dassau@p57AFC9C8.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has left #qgis_meeting_140103 ["Verlassend"]