This note shows how to sort tabular data in QGIS.
Plugins : None
- In the Attribute Table data can be sorted by column.
- With an attribute table open, data can be sorted simply by clicking on the column title of your choice.
- For one click, text is sorted A-Z and numbers ascending.
- If you click again, the order is reversed.
- This process does not affect the ordering in the source file, and if you close and reopen the Attribute Table the sorting is lost.
- The Attribute Table may be reached by selecting a layer and clicking the Open Attribute Table button or right-clicking on the layer and selecting “Open attribute table” or Layer -> Open Attribute Table.
- It is not currently possible to sort by more than one column.