Writing C++ Plugins [New]¶
There is an outdated documentation about how to write C++ Plugins at the Writing C++ Plugins page. This page is to hold more updated information of the process involved.
Note: This is very much a work in progress. I am writing this wiki as I learn development as a reference for later lookup. I am putting it here as it would be more useful here than in my blog. Kindly make changes wherever appropriate.
- Writing C++ Plugins [New]
- Preparing the Environment
- Setting up the Repo
- Setting up the Plugin Directory
Preparing the Environment¶
Setting up the Repo¶
- Go to the Quantum-GIS repo at https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/
- Make a Fork for yourself. Learn more about forking and keeping your repo in sync with the main development repo at http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
- Clone your personal copy of the repository to your system, and add upstream as mentioned in above provided link
- Read the Quantum-GIS/doc/INSTALL.html about setting up the installation environment and make a compilation with ccache enabled.
Setting up the Plugin Directory¶
Inside the Quantum-GIS folder,
1 cd src/plugins/ 2 python plugin_builder.py
Now follow the instructions in the screen to create a folder for your plugin. After the required input is given, a folder for the plugin is created. Read the README inside the plugin folder to create a plugin.